How to Put Popsocket Back On: Simple Steps to Reattach Your Grip
Popsockets have become an essential accessory for our smartphones. They provide a secure grip, prevent accidental drops, act as a stand for hands-free viewing, and even assist with cord management. However, there may come a time when you need to remove your Popsocket or reposition it. So, if you are wondering how to put your Popsocket back on your phone, we have got you covered with this step-by-step guide!
Step 1: Prepare your phone and Popsocket
Before you reattach your Popsocket, it’s important to ensure that both your phone and the Popsocket adhesive are clean and free from any dirt or debris. Use a microfiber cloth or a gentle cleaning solution to wipe any dirt, oils, or residue from the surface of your phone. Similarly, clean the adhesive side of the Popsocket using a small amount of water or a mild cleaning agent. Allow them both to dry before proceeding to the next step.
Step 2: Find the right spot
To put your Popsocket back on, first, you need to determine the ideal location on your phone. The ideal spot may depend on your personal preferences and the size of your hand. While many people place it in the center of the phone’s back, others find it more comfortable when placed slightly higher or lower. Consider the natural placement of your fingers when you grip your phone to determine the best location.
Step 3: Remove the adhesive cover
Once you have found the perfect spot, gently peel off the adhesive cover from the base of the Popsocket. Be careful not to touch the adhesive with your fingers, as it may reduce its stickiness. The removed adhesive cover should reveal the sticky side of the Popsocket.
Step 4: Position and attach the Popsocket
Now that the adhesive is exposed, carefully position the Popsocket on the chosen spot on the back of your phone. Be precise in aligning it to your desired orientation. Once you are satisfied with the placement, firmly press the Popsocket onto the phone’s surface. Apply consistent pressure for at least 15 seconds to ensure a strong bond. This firm attachment will help your Popsocket stay securely in place and withstand regular use.
Step 5: Let it cure
After attaching the Popsocket, it’s crucial to let it cure for a few hours before using it. Curing allows the adhesive to bond properly with the phone surface, ensuring a secure grip and stability. Although the Popsocket may feel stable immediately after attaching, it’s best to wait for a minimum of two hours before subjecting it to excessive force or tension.
Tips for a successful Popsocket attachment:
1. Avoid placing the Popsocket on surfaces with a rough texture, such as fabric or silicone phone cases, as they may hinder the adhesive’s effectiveness.
2. If you have a wireless charging-enabled phone, ensure that the Popsocket placement doesn’t interfere with the charging pad.
3. Don’t attach the Popsocket too close to the phone’s edges, as it may limit your grip or interfere with the usability of the screen.
4. If you want to change the position of your Popsocket, carefully remove it by peeling it off gently. You can always replace the adhesive with a new one if it loses stickiness.
5. For a unique and personalized touch, explore various Popsocket styles, designs, and materials available in the market to match your taste and lifestyle.
By following these steps, you can easily put your Popsocket back on your phone and enjoy the added convenience and security it offers. Whether you use it as a grip, stand, or cable winder, your Popsocket is ready to enhance your smartphone experience once again!