How to Hatch Magmasaur Eggs: A Comprehensive Guide
Magmasaurs, the fiery inhabitants of the volcanic biome in Ark: Survival Evolved, are formidable creatures known for their destructive capabilities. If you’ve managed to acquire a Magmasaur egg, congratulations! You’re one step closer to taming and riding these powerful beasts. However, the process of hatching and raising a Magmasaur can be quite challenging. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to successfully hatch a Magmasaur egg and care for the adorable hatchling.
Step 1: Acquiring a Magmasaur Egg
Before you can embark on the journey of hatching a Magmasaur egg, you need to acquire one first. Magmasaur eggs can be found in the volcanic biome, nestled amidst the extreme heat and dangerous surroundings. To safely collect an egg, you’ll need a creature with enough speed and durability, such as the Rock Drake or a fast-moving flyer.
Once you’ve chosen the appropriate creature, head to the volcanic biome and carefully navigate your way through the lava and dangerous creatures. Avoid engaging in combat, as disturbances can result in the loss of your precious egg. Keep an eye out for nests that typically contain the Magmasaur eggs and carefully snatch one without getting burnt!
Step 2: Preparing the Incubation Chamber
After successfully procuring a Magmasaur egg, it’s time to create a suitable incubation chamber. These eggs require extremely high temperatures to hatch, so you need to set up an environment that can mimic the volcanic conditions they need. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Feeding Trough: Place a feeding trough nearby with enough food to sustain the baby Magmasaur upon hatching. Raw meat or cooked meat can serve as an appropriate food source.
2. Heat Sources: The incubation chamber must be heated continuously. To achieve this, you can utilize multiple options such as standing torches, campfires, or even Air Conditioners if you possess the necessary engrams and resources.
3. Hatchery: Build a structure to enclose the egg and protect it from potential hazards. Make sure the hatchery isn’t too small and has enough room for the baby Magmasaur to roam freely.
Once your incubation chamber is properly set up, it’s time to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Placing the Egg and Incubating
Carefully place your Magmasaur egg inside the hatchery you’ve prepared. Ensure that the heat sources are placed correctly and functioning at optimal levels. Adjust the placement of torches, campfires, or Air Conditioners until you achieve a consistent temperature range between 50-70 degrees Celsius (122-158 degrees Fahrenheit).
Keep an eye on the temperature at all times and make adjustments if necessary. If the temperature becomes too high or low, the egg’s health will deteriorate, leading to failure in hatching.
Magmasaur eggs typically take several hours to hatch. During this incubation period, be sure to monitor the temperature and provide fuel to the heat sources when needed. Maintain the heat within the desired range to ensure a successful hatch. Patience is key at this stage!
Step 4: Caring for the Hatchling
Congratulations! The long wait is over, and your Magmasaur egg has finally hatched into a lively hatchling. Now it’s time to take care of your newest companion. Here are a few essential tips:
1. Feeding: Your baby Magmasaur will need to be fed regularly to grow and mature. Their diet mainly consists of Ambergris, which can be obtained by feeding your Magmasaur Stone or Metal. Make sure to check their hunger meter and replenish their food when needed.
2. Protection: Ensure the safety of your growing Magmasaur by keeping them away from dangerous predators, aggressive creatures, and hostile players. Building a sturdy enclosure to house your Magmasaur is crucial for their protection.
3. Growth: Magmasaurs go through several growth stages before reaching adulthood. During this time, they will gradually increase in size and strength. Keep an eye on their growth progress, and continue providing the necessary care and food.
Hatching and raising a Magmasaur in Ark: Survival Evolved requires careful planning, preparation, and patience. By following the guidelines outlined in this comprehensive guide, you’ll be well on your way to taming and riding these powerful creatures through the dangerous volcanic biome. Remember, creating a suitable incubation chamber, monitoring the temperature diligently, and providing proper care for the hatchling are key steps to ensure a successful and rewarding experience in hatching Magmasaur eggs. Good luck and enjoy your fiery companions!