Cooking fresh chicken Kiev in an air fryer is a fantastic way to enjoy this delicious dish with a healthier twist. Air frying, a cooking method that uses hot air circulation, allows you to achieve that crispy outer layer without the need for excess oil. In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of preparing and cooking fresh chicken Kiev in an air fryer. Get ready to indulge in a mouthwatering meal that will impress your family and friends!
To get started, let’s gather all the ingredients you will need to cook fresh chicken Kiev in an air fryer:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
– Cooking spray
1. Begin by preparing the chicken breasts. Lay them flat on a cutting board and carefully slice a pocket into the side of each breast. Be sure not to cut all the way through, as you want to create a space to stuff the butter mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. Take a spoonful of the butter mixture and stuff it into the pocket of each chicken breast. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket, ensuring that the butter mixture remains inside.
4. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes. This will ensure that it’s nice and hot before we start cooking.
1. While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the coating for the chicken. Place the all-purpose flour in a shallow dish, the beaten eggs in another shallow dish, and the panko breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
2. Take one stuffed chicken breast and coat it with flour on all sides, shaking off any excess. Dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, and then roll it in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere them to the chicken. Repeat this process for the remaining chicken breasts.
3. Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place the coated chicken breasts in the basket, making sure they are not touching each other to ensure even air circulation.
4. Cook the chicken in the air fryer for approximately 20 minutes. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking process to ensure both sides are evenly cooked.
5. Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and has a golden brown crust, it is ready to be served. Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.
Fresh chicken Kiev cooked in an air fryer is best enjoyed right away while it’s still warm and crispy. Serve it alongside your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. You can also pair it with a tangy garlic sauce or a squeeze of lemon for an extra burst of flavor.
Cooking fresh chicken Kiev in an air fryer is a fantastic way to enjoy a classic dish without the guilt of deep frying. With its crispy exterior and flavorful buttery filling, this air fryer version will surely impress your taste buds. Follow the simple steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be able to prepare a scrumptious chicken Kiev meal that the whole family will love. Get your air fryer ready and get ready to indulge in a healthier twist on this traditional recipe!