How To Make Steel in Tinkers’ Construct
Are you a fan of the popular sandbox game Minecraft? If so, you may have heard of a mod called Tinkers’ Construct. This mod adds a variety of new tools and materials to the game, including the highly sought-after steel. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making steel in Tinkers’ Construct, step by step.
Gathering the Required Materials
Before we dive into the steel-making process, we need to ensure that we have all the necessary materials at hand. To make steel in Tinkers’ Construct, you will need the following:
- Iron Ore
- Coal or Charcoal
Iron ore can be obtained by mining iron blocks or smelting iron armor and weapons. Coal and charcoal can be acquired by mining coal ore or smelting wood blocks in a furnace, respectively. Lastly, you will need a smeltery, which is a multi-block structure used to smelt ores and create alloys in Tinkers’ Construct.
Smelting the Iron Ore
Now that we have gathered the necessary materials, we can start the steel-making process. The first step is to smelt the iron ore into liquid iron. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Build a Smeltery: Before smelting, you need to create a smeltery. It requires at least 36 Seared Bricks, a Smeltery Controller, a Seared Tank, and a Seared Faucet. Arrange the bricks in a hollow rectangular shape, place the controller on one side, the tank on another, and the faucet on a third side.
- Add Fuel: Now, add either coal or charcoal to the smeltery’s fuel input. This will provide the necessary heat to smelt the iron ore.
- Melt the Iron Ore: After adding fuel, place your iron ore into the smeltery’s item input. The heat from the fuel will melt the iron ore into liquid iron, which will start filling up the smeltery’s tank.
Once the iron ore is completely melted, you will have a pool of liquid iron in your smeltery’s tank.
Now that we have the liquid iron in our smeltery, we can proceed with making steel. Follow the steps below to turn liquid iron into steel:
- Add Carbon: To turn liquid iron into steel, we need to introduce carbon into the mix. Carbon can be added in the form of coal or charcoal. Simply place the desired amount of coal or charcoal into the smeltery’s item input.
- Wait for Alloying: Once the carbon is added, the smeltery will start the alloying process. The carbon will bond with the liquid iron, transforming it into steel. The alloying process may take a few seconds to complete.
Congratulations! You have successfully made steel in Tinkers’ Construct. The steel will now be available in your smeltery’s tank for further use.
Using Steel Tools and Weapons
Now that we have our steel, we can use it to create powerful tools and weapons. In Tinkers’ Construct, the tools and weapons are highly customizable, allowing you to tailor them to your specific needs. To create steel tools or weapons, you will need to access the Tool Station or Tool Forge, which are also part of the Tinkers’ Construct mod.
Simply interact with the Tool Station or Tool Forge, and you will be able to select the desired tool or weapon type, along with the different parts and modifiers you want to use. Select the steel material from the list and build your tool or weapon. Steel tools and weapons have increased durability and efficiency compared to their iron counterparts, making them a great choice for advanced players.
In conclusion, making steel in Tinkers’ Construct is a simple process that requires smelting iron ore and adding carbon through coal or charcoal. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create your own steel and use it to forge powerful tools and weapons to improve your Minecraft experience. So, what are you waiting for? Start gathering the required materials and enter the world of steel-making in Tinkers’ Construct today!